Is a three (3) to six (6) months (on-the-job training) abroad, it is a program that helps university students to improve and enhance their knowledge and skills on actual practice for their future employment, with the help of our receiving companies in Japan, students has given a chance to learned the international standards procedures of their chosen field, to know more about the Japanese culture and to practice the proper manners and etiquette in Japan.
This program has dispatched a total of 150 students of hospitality management, tourism management, marketing management and business management from our tied up university.
Currently, students from our tied up university still continuing their training in Japan.
This program has been expanding the field of internship, with the following additional courses;
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Hotel and Restaurant Management
International internship program consisting by two (2) agreements;
- between receiving company and university
- between receiving company and university student
This International Internship Program project is to train the students (not for labor), however in Japan law, when the students do hands on training, receiving company should give allowances.
And according to Commission on Higher Education –Philippines, receiving company should shoulder the cost of the following:
- Roundtrip airplane ticket cost (Domestic tra cost)
- Free accommodation (lodging, electric and water bill)
- Support meal on training
- Free transportation inland in Japan (between lodge and training places)
- Insurance (Japan)
This International Internship Program can be applied only for the university who has (SIAP) Student Internship Abroad Program – Commission on Higher Education. (www.ched.gov.ph)